Sunday, July 6, 2008

*4tH oF JuLy*

So the tradition in my family for the 4th of July has always been my favorite. We go to Evergreen Park in Holladay for a yummy breakfast, a parade, games, and tons of fun! My whole family gets involved and volunteers to help with the booths (balloon darts, fishing, bottle tossing, etc.).

After that we go over to Granny's house for her birthday celebration! This year she turned 87 and she acts like she is 50! I have always looked up to her. She is so talented and giving and I'm very lucky to have such a generous Grandma like her. There are a lot of us that go over there so she gets pretty overwhelmed trying to make sure everyone is happy...she's like the energizer bunny!!! Since I can remember we have had a water wienie that my uncle Jerry would put together. All of the cousins would jump on it and just wait for it to get so full of water it POPS! I used to get so excited when it finally did because all the cousins would scream and have a blast. :)

Besides Christmas that is my favorite holiday because it's warm, I get to be with family, and we celebrate our freedom! The only part that was missing was Grandpa :( but I'm sure he's watching and we all miss him very much!!!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm so glad you got some good pictures! They're so fun to look with music! It's terrible that I didn't have any of GG I had to borrow one from Heidi's blog! Watch my slide show, it's crazy that the words happen to go with the pictures! (the one where the kids are squished close together the song says huddle close, kinda funny)

Dellany Higby said...

What a cute family! That looks like some serious fun. Gi Gi is making 87 look amazing!!!!! Glad you had a good 4th! Love you!